As the “Commander In Chic” behind the NYC-based lifestyle blog Fab Finds In A Beat, and a self-proclaimed lover of all things beauty, style and fashion related, Khadijah Red makes no bones about the fact that she’s a bona-fide product-junkie. Honestly, if you follow her adventures throughout NYC, you already know that she’s pretty much tried’em all! Which begs the question: Which five products rank high on her list of all-time faves? Well, we caught up with this certified Nautie girl to get the scoop on her beauty essentials, and for the deets on the secret behind her sassy strut!
1. Bliss Spa No Zit Sherlock Complete Acne System: “My skin is very acne prone. So to keep zits from surfacing, this kit has become a god-send. I use all three products which help to cleanse, tone and moisturize. The result is beautiful, even-toned skin.”
2. Benefit They’re Real Mascara: “I have THE most sparse eye lashes. This mascara is the truth. It gives you length and volume that really make your eyes POP! While it’s a little on the pricey side, it’s still a must-have if you want enviable lashes.”
3. MAC Lipstick: “I absolutely love a good lipstick! What better way to complete your makeup look than MAC right?! My favorite MAC lipsticks are bold, bright colors like “Girl About Town,” “Violetta” and “Up the Amp.”
4. Tinted Moisturizer: “My everyday glam routine usually involves one of my many tinted moisturizers. In my rotation I alternate between MAC Studio Moisture Tint, Alison Raffaele Tinted Mositurizer or IMAN Skin Tone Evener BB Creme. Each of these tinted moisturizers has SPF 15 so it also blocks out some of the sun’s harmful rays which can lead to premature wrinkles. I also love that tinted moisturizers provide a nice even tone without oil clogging properties or an overly done makeup look. If I’m looking for full coverage for an event, I rely on my IMAN 2nd to None Stick Foundation or Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse which covers flawlessly.” (cue Beyonce)
5. Pur Minerals Dirty Girl Detoxifying Mudd Mask: “I love using products that aid in healthy skin. After all, makeup can only cover so much and if you have breakouts, it just looks worse. Enter Pur Minerals. The Mudd Masque helps to unclog pores, exfoliate the skin and eliminates oil and dirt. I tend to also use it as a treatment if I have a pimple. It dries it out overnight.”
Best beauty advice ever received:
“NEVER go to bed with your makeup on!”
My favorite place to shop:
“Without a doubt H&M! Great sales, affordable and trendy clothes, plus accessories!”
“Chocolate, cookie dough and unbaked batter like brownie and cake batter”…is my guilty pleasure! “I know it’s horribly unhealthy, but it takes me to my happy place!”
I love to de-stress by:
“Singing and dancing with my son. He’s my biggest cheerleader when I make up songs and dances usually in my kitchen. Just seeing him smile and giggle at me makes everything right in the world.”
“My Confidence and Faith”…keeps me Fly, Fab & Fearless!
For more on this beautiful “Commander In Chic,” you can keep up with Khadijah below: