If this is you, you are certainly not alone. I am an extrovert and I don’t relish the thought of networking events either! I love being around lots of people, but networking is like a party with a purpose. The purpose is to meet new people or connect with those you already know. You might go there looking for a new client or looking for someone you might want to joint venture with.
Let’s go back to the title of this article and the word ‘should’. You know you ‘should’ go to networking events but why?
• It gets you out of your home office
• Makes you dress nicely and maybe even put on make up
• You may meet potential clients
• You may meet potential referral partners
• It’s easier to get people to know you than online
• You might have fun!